At approx. 7:00 p.m. this date, Clarkstown Police responded to a report of a working fire at 211 W. Rt. 59, Nanuet, the site of Fortune Garden Restaurant.
Upon arrival, flames were visible in the rear of the building in the area of the kitchen. Nanuet Volunteer Fire Department responded to extinguish the fire and were aided by resources and personnel from Pearl River Fire Department and Spring Valley Fire Department.
All customers and employees were evacuated prior to arrival and there were no injuries were reported. From the initial investigation, it appears that the fire started as a grease fire and made its way into the ventilation system. The restaurant will be closed for the remainder of the evening.